We asked Style Coach Megan LaRussa of Southern Femme about trends this autumn that Liberty Parkers should know about and she was gracious enough to supply us with her top five from her Birmingham magazine column in the October issue. Pick up the magazine for even more fashion tips and some visuals too, and check out her blog for consistently fresh fashion advice. And yes, she even has advice for men too in her Southern Homme section. Check it out!
- Something Burgundy. The “it” color for fall is any shade of red wine. Rich red hues look especially fresh and luxe in items like a leather jacket, ostrich skin bag and suede pumps. Select one new red piece as an easy and affordable way to update your look.
- Menswear Inspired Shoe. Loafers, oxfords and smoking slippers all look on trend and effortless for the new season. Incorporate them into your work and weekend wardrobe.
- Opulent Accents. Lace, fur (or faux fur), velvet and leather create a textural wonderland, especially when paired together! Simply sport a lace dress with a leather blazer over it … or perhaps velvet leggings with a sweater tunic and fur vest. Lastly, try a peter pan collar detail on a ladylike blouse or peplum dress.
- Navy is the New Black. With cooler weather and shorter days your wardrobe doesn’t have to be somber! But if you prefer darker hues, opt for shades of navy in lieu of black this season.
- Colored Denim. This trend has trickled over from spring, and includes some gorgeous autumnal hues like burgundy, forest green and mustard. Want to take it to the next level? Try a printed pair of denim!